Injured In An Auto Accident In South Carolina?
In South Carolina, negligent driving is the major contributing factor in all roadway accidents. Other drivers engage in careless behaviors that place others at risk. You can find yourself in the middle of an accident even if you were carefully following all traffic rules just because of the actions of other motorists.
After an accident, you may face many hurdles that you will have to navigate. Long recoveries, medical bills, lost wages and property damages can put an additional strain on families. This means finding experienced attorneys in South Carolina to represent your family’s interests is a top priority.
Parker & Bain, LLC, offers legal services to make a difference in the lives of injured individuals facing hardships. Our accident attorneys know that the last thing the injured need is to take on a difficult legal battle.
That is why we shoulder the legal burdens for our clients while they focus on recovery. In doing so, we refuse to compromise when it comes to defending our clients’ interests. To receive a free consultation, contact our Gaffney car accident attorneys today.
What Are The Common Causes Of Car Accidents?
According to recent data, roadway accidents in South Carolina are primarily caused by negligent drivers. This negligence comes most often in the following forms:
- Driving too fast for current conditions
- Driving under the influence
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Distracted driving
- Following other vehicles too closely
- Improper lane usage or lane change
- Driving on the wrong side of the road
- Driving the wrong way
- Disregarded traffic signs and signals
Drivers found negligent in a car accident case are liable for the damages they cause. If your accident was the result of another driver’s negligence, you have legal options.
Contact our Gaffney car accident attorney to discuss the steps you can take to secure compensation. We are ready to help, whether you’re from Spartanburg or Union, we will go the distance for you!
What Should I Do After A Car Accident?
What you do, or fail to do, after a car accident can have lasting consequences. If you end up filing an insurance claim or lawsuit, you will need strong evidence that you were not at fault for the accident. An important source of this evidence should come from the scene of the collision. Evidence collected at the scene of the crash is more reliable than trying to recall the event from memory. This means that immediately following an accident you should:
- Call the police
- Take photos of the scene of the accident and the vehicles involved
- Take photos of your injuries and passenger injuries
- Collect the other driver’s contact information
- Collect the contact information of any witnesses
- Seek medical attention to assess your injuries
- Get a copy of the official accident report
You should also get in touch with a Gaffney car accident attorney as soon as possible. The attorneys at Parker & Bain, LLC, can help you collect and file all the evidence and documents needed for making a strong claim.
What Damages Can I Recover From A Car Accident Claim? Talk To A Gaffney Car Accident Lawyer To Find Out.
Filing an auto accident claim may result in securing compensation for your losses. This compensation could cover:
- Property damages. This usually includes compensation for vehicle repairs or losses. It can also include compensation for other possessions also damaged in the accident.
- Medical bills. You may also receive compensation for injuries sustained in the collision. This can include bills for both short-term and long-term medical treatments.
- Lost wages. Sometimes people sustain injuries in a collision that prevent them from returning to work. If this happens to you, you might be able to recover compensation for your lost wages.
- Pain and suffering. This type of compensation covers the physical and emotional toll the crash may take on you. An experienced Gaffney car accident attorney will know if this option is possible in your case.
How Does South Carolina Determine Fault In A Car Accident?
South Carolina is a comparative fault, or comparative negligence, state. This means that South Carolina recognizes that both parties may share the blame in causing a crash. In these situations, the 51% Bar rule will apply. This rule states that if you are under 51% responsible for the accident, you can still recover some damages for your losses. However, the court will reduce that compensation by the amount of the damages you are responsible for. On the other hand, if you are mostly responsible for the accident, even by a small amount, you cannot recover any compensation.
How Can A Gaffney Car Accident Attorney Help Me?
If you have been in an auto accident, you should consider working with an experienced attorney. Because South Carolina is a comparative fault state, securing compensation requires that you make a strong case. You will need to prove that you had little to no role in causing the collision. A South Carolina auto accident attorney will not only know what evidence you need, but also how to best argue your case.
Additionally, insurance adjusters look for any reason to deny or diminish your claim. This means they will try to pin some of the blame on you or devalue your injuries and property damages. An experienced Gaffney car accident attorney can assess the worth of your case and help you fight back.
Get Help From A South Carolina Auto Accident Attorney You Can Trust
Unfortunately, pursuing compensation after a car accident can be tough for the injured. The legal system is difficult to navigate and insurance adjusters will fight you at every turn. This is an unfortunate reality for those already dealing with the aftermath of a collision. However, Parker & Bain, LLC, may be able to alleviate some of this burden. To learn more about our services, fill out our confidential online contact form. We help those injured in Gaffney, Spartanburg, Union and beyond. You can also give us a call at (864) 489-8128 to discuss your case.